KeithHennessey.com has now been live for eight weeks. I would like to thank you for reading and give you a status update.
- I am pleased with the traffic for this fledgling effort. I’ve had about 150K visits in eight weeks. I am not certain how good that is, but it feels pretty good, especially given that my posts are longer and heavier than much of what you can find on the web.
- I broke the 1,000 barrier for mailing list subscribers a couple days ago. The RSS feed has another 750 or so subscribers.
- I am hearing directly and indirectly that I have regular readers among the most senior policymakers on both sides of the aisle, in both Congress and the Administration. You know who you are: thank you for giving me some of your precious time.
Before I launched, I had a feeling there would be some unexpected rewards. I would like to share some of those with you.
- Thanks largely to referrals from Greg Mankiw and Instapundit, my site has been visited from at least 120 countries. We all know the internet is global, but it’s incredible to actually see visitors from six continents and many island nations.After the US, my top source countries are, in order: Canada, the UK, China, Japan, Australia, Germany, France, Spain, Brazil, Singapore, and India. I have had visitors from Iraq and Afghanistan, from Kazakhstan, Guatemala, Israel, Ireland, Iceland, and Mauritius, from Russia, Mexico, Finland and Greece, from Bahrain, Bangladesh, and Barbados, from Cyprus, Mauritius, Fiji, and Barbados, and even from Iran and Syria.
- Yesterday I agreed to allow a Chinese search engine / web portal to translate and mirror this blog for a Chinese readership. This was unexpected and exciting. I will post the link when it is live, for those of you who read Mandarin.
- The comments are phenomenal. I had not anticipated this. I apologize for not being able to respond to more of them. I want to thank my commenters for contributing to an impassioned yet respectful policy debate. A passionate and vigorous policy debate does not have to involve name calling and table pounding.
- Some of the private messages I have received have been wonderful and motivating. Your thanks and positive feedback help motivate […]